Difference Between Human Development Report and World Development Report (Class 10)
For class 10 students, Development is considered as an important chapter in Economics.
This article will highlight the key differences between the Human Development Report and the World Development Report.
But, before proceeding further, I would like to make you familiar with the key terms used in this article.
- Human Development Report: Human Development Report is a report published by UNDP (United Nations Development Programme) which compares countries on the basis of educational levels of the people, per capita income and their health status.
- World Development Report: It is a report published by the world bank, this criterion is used to dividing countries according to their per capita income.
I’ve decided to provide you with the key differences between the Human Development Report and the World Development Report and put them all in the tabular format.
Key Differences Between Human Development Report and the World Development Report
|Human Development Report||World Development Report|
|It is an annual report published by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).||It is an annual report published by the World Bank or International Bank of Reconstruction and Development (IBRD).|
|It compares countries on the basis of the educational level of the people, per capita income and their health status.||It compares countries by in-depth analysis of a specific aspect of economic development.|
|It includes literacy rate, infant mortality rate etc, to determine the status of development of a particular area or country.||it includes GDP, national income and per capita income.|
|It provides us with the qualitative aspect of development.||It provides us with the quantitative aspect of development.|
- World Bank and UNDP
- Human Development Report and the World Development Report
- Developed Countries and Underdeveloped Countries
- Renewable resources and Non-renewable resources
Want to explore other related “difference between…” posts?
So, that’s all.
All the important differences between the Human Development Report and the World Development Report from Chapter 1 Development in the NCERT class 10 are listed above in the table format.
If you have any related queries or suggestions, feel free to let me know in the comments right now.
Plz tell me more about the per capita income which calculated in dollars
Country which has $12‚056 or more as its per capita income is considered as rich country where as country which has $955 or less as its per capita income is considered as poor country. Our India comes under lower middle class country because it’s per Capita income is $1820.
(Above data is according to 2017 survey )