Difference between Production in Agriculture and Productivity in Agriculture
Agriculture is an essential sector of the economy that involves the cultivation of crops and rearing of animals.
The main difference is that production is the physical output of crops or livestock whereas productivity is the efficiency of the agricultural process.
Before we move to the differences, let’s understand what are Production in Agriculture and Productivity in Agriculture:
- Production in Agriculture: Production in agriculture refers to the quantity of crops or livestock that are produced. It is a measure of the physical output of agriculture, such as the number of bushels of wheat or pounds of beef that are produced in a particular period.
- Productivity in Agriculture: Productivity in agriculture refers to the efficiency of the agricultural process, i.e., the ratio of outputs to inputs. It measures how much output is produced per unit of input, such as how many bushels of wheat are produced per acre of land or how many pounds of beef are produced per unit of labor.
Now, let’s move to Production in Agriculture vs Productivity in Agriculture:
Major differences between Production in Agriculture and Productivity in Agriculture
|Production in Agriculture||Productivity in Agriculture|
|Production in agriculture can be measured in terms of quantity or volume of crops or livestock produced.||Productivity in agriculture is measured in terms of the output-input ratio.|
|Production in agriculture is influenced by factors such as weather, soil quality, and crop or livestock variety.||Productivity in agriculture is influenced by factors such as efficiency, innovation, and technology.|
|Production in agriculture can be increased by increasing the quantity of inputs such as land, labor, or capital.||Productivity in agriculture can be increased by improving the efficiency of the production process.|
|Production in agriculture can be affected by external factors such as pests and diseases.||Productivity in agriculture can be improved by adopting better agricultural practices.|
|Production in agriculture is a measure of the physical output of agriculture.||Productivity in agriculture is a measure of the efficiency of the agricultural process.|
Note that sometimes, the question might also be asked as “distinguish between Production in Agriculture and Productivity in Agriculture”.
- Difference between Production and Productivity
- Difference between Cafe and Restaurant
- Difference between Hotel and Restaurant
Production and productivity are related terms in agriculture, they have different meanings and implications. Production in agriculture refers to the physical output of crops or livestock, while productivity in agriculture refers to the efficiency of the agricultural process.
By understanding the differences between production and productivity, farmers can improve their operations and optimize their resources to achieve their goals.
You can view other “differences between” posts by clicking here.
If you have a related query, feel free to let us know in the comments below.
Also, kindly share the information with your friends who you think might be interested in reading it.