Natural gas is a fossil fuel, methane. It is used as an energy source in heating and cooking, for electricity generation, and for the production of plastics and chemicals. When compressed into a more condensed form (compressed-natural-gas-CNG), it is stored for future use as a vehicle fuel. Natural gas fuel tanks are built into these vehicles.
Benefits of Compressed Natural Gas (CNG)
- CNG emits fewer air pollutants and greenhouse gases than diesel and gasoline, so it creates a cleaner environment.
- CNG is less expensive which can save thousands of dollars over the life of vehicle.
- CNG engines are quiet and have a pleasing performance sound.
- CNG produces lower greenhouse gases than gasoline.
- Cleaner air without carbon footprint.
- CNG can be easily stored without any hazards.
- Natural Gas used for transportation fuel because it is a clean burning fuel, it produces high quantity of Energy per unit volume and also reduces CO2 emissions as compared to other dirty fuels.
So, these are the benefits of Compressed Natural Gas (CNG).
You can view other “benefits of…” posts by clicking here.
If you have a related query, feel free to let us know in the comments below.
Also, kindly share the information with your friends who you think might be interested in reading it.