Top 7 Benefits of Composting
Composting is the process of decomposing organic matter into an earth-like material that adds nutrients to soil, helps control pests and weeds, and increases water retention.
Benefits of Composting
- Composting reduces your impact on the environment, improves soil quality, and reduces the need to use harsh chemical fertilizers.
- Composting helps reduce greenhouse gases by sequestering carbon.
- Composting reduces the need to use pesticides in the garden because the soil becomes healthier and more fertile, making it healthier for plants.
- Composting reduces waste in landfills and creates a free soil amendment.
- It helps reduce the amount of trash that we send to landfills, keeps waste out of our oceans, and reduces greenhouse gases by converting it into nutrient-rich soil.
- Compost provides nutrients for plants, helps retain moisture in the soil, and protects against erosion.
- Composting helps to manage household waste by turning food scraps into compost.
So, these are the benefits of Composting.
You can view other “benefits of…” posts by clicking here.
If you have a related query, feel free to let us know in the comments below.
Also, kindly share the information with your friends who you think might be interested in reading it.