Zebra crossings are a common sight on roads worldwide. They’re marked with alternating black and white stripes, hence the name ‘Zebra’.
These crossings serve an important purpose. They help pedestrians cross the road safely, ensuring drivers know where to expect people on foot.
10 sentences on Zebra Crossing for kids (set #1)
- A zebra crossing is a type of road marking with alternating dark and light stripes.
- It is called a zebra crossing because it looks like a zebra’s stripes.
- When you see a zebra crossing, it means it’s a safe place for people to walk across the road.
- Before crossing, you should always stop, look left and right, and listen for any cars.
- If a person is waiting at a zebra crossing, cars must stop to let them cross.
- Zebra crossings are usually found near schools, parks, and places where many people walk.
- Using a zebra crossing helps keep both drivers and pedestrians safe.
- Some zebra crossings have flashing yellow lights called ‘Belisha beacons’ to make them more visible.
- Remember, even at a zebra crossing, never run across the road.
- Always hold an adult’s hand when you’re using a zebra crossing.
- It’s important to thank drivers with a wave or a nod when they stop at a zebra crossing.
- Zebra crossings are not just for people, but also for bicycles, wheelchairs, and strollers.
10 lines on Zebra Crossing (set #2)
- A zebra crossing is a type of pedestrian crosswalk with alternating dark and light stripes.
- They are named ‘zebra’ due to their black and white stripes, similar to the animal.
- Pedestrians have the right of way at a zebra crossing.
- When approaching a zebra crossing, vehicles must slow down and prepare to stop.
- The purpose of a zebra crossing is to ensure pedestrian safety while crossing the road.
- Zebra crossings are usually marked with yellow flashing lights called ‘Belisha beacons’ in some countries.
- It’s essential to look both ways before stepping onto a zebra crossing, even if it’s your right of way.
- Not all countries have zebra crossings, but they are common in many urban areas.
- Zebra crossings should be used whenever available to cross a road safely.
- Children are often taught about the safe use of zebra crossings in school.
- Zebra crossings are typically found near schools, shopping centers, and other areas with high pedestrian traffic.
- Using zebra crossings correctly can help reduce road accidents and save lives.
So, this is 10 points on Zebra Crossing in an easy-to-understand way.
You can view other “10 lines” posts by clicking here.
If you have a related query, feel free to let us know in the comments below.
Also, kindly share the information with your friends who you think might be interested in reading it.