Political executive and permanent executive are two types of officials that play important roles in the government.
The main difference between political executives and permanent executives is that political executives are elected by the people, while permanent executives are not. Political executives are also responsible for making policies and decisions, while permanent executives are responsible for implementing those policies and decisions.
Before we move to the differences, let’s understand what are Political Executive and Permanent Executive:
- Political Executive: Political executives are elected officials who hold positions of power within the government. They are responsible for making policies and decisions that affect the country or community they represent.
- Permanent Executive: Permanent executives, also known as civil servants, are officials who work for the government but are not elected by the people. They are responsible for implementing the policies and decisions made by political executives and for carrying out the day-to-day functions of the government.
Now, let’s move to Political Executive vs Permanent Executive:
Major differences between Political Executive and Permanent Executive
|Political Executive||Permanent Executive|
|Political executives can be removed from office by the people through elections or by other means.||Permanent executives can only be removed for cause.|
|Political executives are elected by citizens.||Permanent executives are appointed by a board or other governing body.|
|Political executives are elected for a specific period.||Permanent executives are appointed on a long-term basis.|
|The political executive’s role is to implement policies set forth by their governing body.||The permanent executive’s role is to administer those policies once they’ve been established.|
|The political Executive serves in an official capacity as long as he or she has sufficient support from voters.||A permanent executive serves for life unless he or she resigns or dies prematurely.|
Enhance your style quotient while also being supremely functional with:
- Waterproof and scratch-resistant
- Anti-theft pockets
- Cushioned laptop compartment
- Side bottle pockets
- External USB port
- Padded shoulder straps
- Compartment for 10.2-inch tablet
- Durable leather handle
Note that sometimes, the question might also be asked as “distinguish between Political Executive and Permanent Executive”.
- Difference between Sorting and Filtering
- Difference between Internal Check and Internal Audit
- Difference between PCC and RCC
Political executives and permanent executives are two types of officials who play important roles in the government. Political executives are elected officials who are responsible for making policies and decisions, while permanent executives are government employees who are responsible for implementing those policies and decisions.
Understanding the differences between these two types of executives is important for understanding how the government works.
You can view other “differences between” posts by clicking here.
If you have a related query, feel free to let us know in the comments below.
Also, kindly share the information with your friends who you think might be interested in reading it.