The almond is one of the most versatile nuts in existence. It can be eaten as a snack, used as an ingredient in baking, or even made into a refreshing drink.
However, there are many different varieties of almonds and each one has its own unique taste and texture. Two of the most popular varieties are Mamra Almonds and California Almonds.
The main difference between Mamra Almonds and California Almonds is that Mamra Almonds are grown in Iran, Afghanistan and the valleys of Kashmir, while California Almonds are grown in California, United States.
Before we move to the differences, let’s understand what are Mamra Almond and California Almond:
- Mamra Almond: Almond Mamra is a special variety of almond that is native to the Middle East. Almonds are rich in vitamin E, which helps to protect your skin from damaging free radicals. They also contain magnesium and are a good source of protein.
- California Almond: California Almonds are the world’s most popular nut, and have been grown in California for nearly 150 years. They are a natural source of protein, vitamin E and fiber, as well as essential minerals including calcium, magnesium and zinc. California Almonds also contain more antioxidants than any other nut or fruit.
Now, let’s move to Mamra Almond vs California Almond:
Major differences between Mamra Almond and California Almond
|Mamra Almond||California Almond|
|Mamra almond is a variety of almond that is grown in Iran, Afghanistan and the valleys of Kashmir. It is used for its sweet flavor, high protein content and good taste.||The California Almond is a variety of almond that is grown in California, United States. It has a milder taste than the Mamra Almond.|
|The production of Mamra almond is done by the farmers in a small scale and they are only sold locally.||The production of California Almond is done on large scale and they are exported all over the world.|
|The Mamra Almonds grow in dry climates.||The California almond grows in wetter climates.|
|The flavor of the Mamra Almond is more earthy.||The flavor of the California almond is sweeter.|
|Mamra Badam has higher range of monosaturated fats (75.50) compared to California Almond.||California Badam has lower range of monosaturated fats(40.56).|
Note that sometimes, the question might also be asked as “distinguish between Mamra Almond and California Almond”.
- Difference between Multiple Bar Chart and Component Bar Chart
- Difference between Montessori Teachers Training (MTT) and Nursery Teacher Training (NTT)
- Difference between Lawyer and Advocate
The difference between Mamra Almond and California Almond is that the California almond is larger, sweeter and has a thinner shell than the Mamra almond.
The California almond is also known as the “sweet” almond because of its sweet taste and thin shell. They are often used in candies, cookies and other desserts.
Mamra Almond, also known as “bitter” almonds are smaller in size than their Californian counterpart, but contain more nutrients such as protein, fiber and vitamin E than the sweeter variety. They are also used in many recipes such as pastries and breads.
You can view other “differences between” posts by clicking here.
If you have a related query, feel free to let us know in the comments below.
Also, kindly share the information with your friends who you think might be interested in reading it.