Difference between Electrical Components and Electronics Components
Have you ever wondered how your TV or phone works? It’s all because of electrical and electronics components.
The main difference is that electrical components deal with the flow and control of electricity while electronics components deal with the manipulation and processing of electrical signals.
Before we move to the differences, let’s understand what are Electrical Components and Electronics Components:
- Electrical Components: Electrical components are devices that help control and distribute electrical power. They are primarily used in power transmission and distribution systems, electrical motors, and other electrical equipment.
- Electronics Components: Electronic components are devices that are used to control and process electronic signals. They are used in electronic circuits, microcontrollers, sensors, and other electronic devices.
Now, let’s move to Electrical Components vs Electronics Components:
Major differences between Electrical Components and Electronics Components
|Electrical Components||Electronics Components|
|Electrical components are used in power systems, motors, and other electrical equipment.||Electronic components are used in electronic devices and systems.|
|Electrical components are designed to handle high current and voltage levels.||Electronic components are designed to work with low current and voltage levels.|
|Electrical components are used in high-power applications.||Electronic components are used in low-power applications.|
|Electrical components are designed to handle AC power.||Electronic components are designed to handle DC power.|
|Electrical components are larger in size than electronic components.||Electronic components are small in size than electrical components.|
Note that sometimes, the question might also be asked as “distinguish between Electrical Components and Electronics Components”.
- Difference between Electrical and Electronics
- Difference between Paperback and Mass Market Paperback
- Difference between Kindle Edition and Paperback
Electrical components and electronic components are two different types of components that are used in different applications. Electrical components deal with the distribution and control of electrical power, while electronic components deal with electronic signals.
Understanding the differences between electrical components and electronic components can help you choose the right component for your project.
You can view other “differences between” posts by clicking here.
If you have a related query, feel free to let us know in the comments below.
Also, kindly share the information with your friends who you think might be interested in reading it.