Anime and cartoons are both animated entertainment, but they’re not quite the same thing. Both anime and cartoons can be enjoyed by people of all ages, but they are typically targeted towards different audiences
While there are some similarities between these two types of animation, they also have distinct differences.
The main difference is anime tends to be more mature in its themes and content, which may include violence, nudity, sexual situations and other mature elements whereas cartoons tend to be geared more toward children since their content may not include such mature elements.
Before we move to the differences, let’s understand what are Anime and Cartoon:
- Anime: Anime is a style of animation that originated in Japan. It’s typically characterized by colorful graphics and exaggerated character designs, and often includes elements of science fiction, fantasy, comedy, and/or horror.
- Cartoon: Cartoon is a form of two-dimensional illustration. It is a pictorial representation of a person or an object in which the forms are rendered in simplified and stylized lines, often in bold contrasting colors.
Now, let’s move to Anime vs Cartoon:
Major differences between Anime and Cartoon
|Anime is based on hand-drawn animation.||Cartoons are traditionally created using only computer graphics to make them move.|
|Anime is typically geared toward adults and teens with more mature themes and storylines.||Cartoons are often geared toward children with simpler plots and characters.|
|Anime has a Japanese style.||Cartoon has an American style.|
|Anime tends to have sharper lines.||Cartoons use more round shapes and soft color palettes.|
|Anime tends to be more stylized than drawn in a comic book style.||Cartoons look more like traditional drawings.|
Note that sometimes, the question might also be asked as “distinguish between Anime and Cartoon”.
- Difference between Prepaid and Postpaid
- Difference between House and Home
- Difference between Hill and Mountain
In conclusion, we have seen that there are a lot of differences between anime and cartoons. The difference is that anime is more realistic while the cartoon is not. The characters in the anime have real emotions while those in cartoons are not necessarily based on reality. The stories are also different as they are based on real-life events.
You can view other “differences between” posts by clicking here.
If you have a related query, feel free to let us know in the comments below.
Also, kindly share the information with your friends who you think might be interested in reading it.