Looking for advantages and disadvantages of Sleeping On Stomach?
We have collected some solid points that will help you understand the pros and cons of Sleeping On Stomach in detail.
But first, let’s understand the topic:
What is Sleeping On Stomach?
Sleeping on stomach’ means lying down with your belly facing the bed during sleep. It’s one of the positions people choose for resting at night. Some find it comfortable while others may not.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of Sleeping On Stomach
The followings are the advantages and disadvantages of Sleeping On Stomach:
|Eases heartburn and digestion||Can cause neck pain|
|Reduces snoring||Leads to backache|
|Promotes deeper sleep||May worsen heartburn|
|Alleviates certain types of pain||Promotes wrinkles and sagging|
|Improves circulation to the brain.||Risks numbness and tingling|
Advantages of Sleeping On Stomach
- Eases heartburn and digestion – Sleeping on your stomach can help soothe heartburn and aid digestion by positioning your body in a way that prevents stomach acid from climbing up the esophagus.
- Reduces snoring – It’s a good position for those who snore, as it tends to keep the upper airways more open, reducing snoring.
- Promotes deeper sleep – This position can also lead to deeper sleep because it can help reduce disruptions from snoring or discomfort.
- Alleviates certain types of pain – Certain types of pain, like some back or neck issues, may find relief from stomach sleeping due to the flat, even surface it provides.
- Improves circulation to the brain. – Lastly, stomach sleeping can improve brain circulation as gravity assists in blood flow to the brain, potentially enhancing cognitive function.
Disadvantages of Sleeping On Stomach
- Can cause neck pain – Sleeping on your stomach can lead to discomfort in your neck due to unnatural twisting and turning. This position puts strain on the neck muscles, often resulting in pain.
- Leads to backache – Lying on your belly can also trigger backache. It flattens the natural curve of the spine, increasing the likelihood of lower back pain.
- May worsen heartburn – If you suffer from heartburn, stomach sleeping might make it worse. This position can cause stomach acid to flow back into the esophagus, causing discomfort.
- Promotes wrinkles and sagging – Sleeping face-down can contribute to wrinkles and sagging skin. The constant pressure against the pillow can cause the skin to crease and sag over time.
- Risks numbness and tingling – There’s also a risk of experiencing numbness and tingling. The pressure on muscles and nerves from this sleeping position can lead to these sensations, often disrupting sleep.
- Advantages and disadvantages of Sleeping On Right Side
- Advantages and disadvantages of Sleeping Late And Waking Up Late
- Advantages and disadvantages of Sleeping Early
You can view other “advantages and disadvantages of…” posts by clicking here.
If you have a related query, feel free to let us know in the comments below.
Also, kindly share the information with your friends who you think might be interested in reading it.