Advantages and Disadvantages of Manual Testing
Looking for advantages and disadvantages of Manual Testing?
We have collected some solid points that will help you understand the pros and cons of Manual Testing in detail.
But first, let’s understand the topic:
What is Manual Testing?
Manual Testing is a testing process in which test cases are executed manually by a tester.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of Manual Testing
The followings are the advantages and disadvantages of Manual Testing:
|Real-world scenarios||Prone to human error|
|Easy to set up||Costly|
Advantages of Manual Testing
- Human intuition – Manual testing allows for the use of human intuition and creativity, which can be important for catching edge cases and bugs that automated testing may miss.
- Real-world scenarios – Manual testing allows for testing in real-world scenarios, which can be important for ensuring that systems work properly in the environment in which they will be used.
- Flexibility – Manual testing allows for flexibility in testing, as tests can be adapted and changed as needed.
- Easy to set up – Manual testing is easy to set up and does not require specialized equipment or software.
- Cost-effective – Manual testing can be cost-effective, especially for small projects or systems with a low number of test cases.
Disadvantages of Manual Testing
- Time-consuming – Manual testing can be time-consuming, especially for large and complex systems with many test cases.
- Prone to human error – Manual testing is prone to human error, as testers may make mistakes or miss certain test cases.
- Limited coverage – Manual testing may not cover all possible scenarios and test cases, which can lead to missed bugs or errors.
- Costly – Manual testing can be costly, as it requires hiring and training human testers.
- Repetitive – Manual testing can be repetitive and monotonous, which can lead to testers becoming fatigued or making errors.
- Advantages and disadvantages of Automated Testing
- Advantages and disadvantages of Air Cooler
- Advantages and disadvantages of Steganography
You can view other “advantages and disadvantages of…” posts by clicking here.
If you have a related query, feel free to let us know in the comments below.
Also, kindly share the information with your friends who you think might be interested in reading it.