Kolkata, the “City of Joy”, is a treasure chest of culture, history, and art. It’s the capital city of West Bengal, a state in eastern India.
You might know Kolkata for its iconic Howrah Bridge and delicious sweets. But it’s also a city of poets, filmmakers, and Nobel laureates.
10 sentences on Kolkata for kids (set #1)
- Kolkata is a big city in the eastern part of India.
- It’s also known as the ‘City of Joy’ because people here are very friendly and joyful.
- The Howrah Bridge in Kolkata is one of the busiest bridges in the world.
- Kolkata is famous for its delicious sweet, the ‘Rosogolla’.
- Kolkata was the capital of India during the British rule until 1911.
- The Indian Museum in Kolkata is the largest and oldest museum in India.
- Kolkata has a big park called the Eden Gardens, where cricket matches are played.
- The city is also known for its beautiful Victoria Memorial, a large marble building.
- In Kolkata, you can ride in trams, which are a unique type of vehicle.
- Kolkata celebrates a big festival called ‘Durga Puja’ every year.
- The Sundarbans, the world’s largest mangrove forest, is near Kolkata.
- Kolkata is also famous for its love of literature and arts.
10 lines on Kolkata (set #2)
- Kolkata, formerly known as Calcutta, is a city in the eastern part of India.
- It is known for its rich history, literature, and cultural heritage.
- The city is famous for its sweets, especially ‘Rosogolla’ and ‘Sandesh’.
- Kolkata is the birthplace of many famous poets and writers.
- The iconic Howrah Bridge in Kolkata is one of the busiest bridges in the world.
- Kolkata is the home to the Indian Museum, the largest museum in India.
- Eden Gardens in Kolkata is one of the oldest cricket stadiums in India.
- The city of Kolkata is also known as the ‘City of Joy’.
- Kolkata has a well-connected network of trams, a unique feature in India.
- The Kolkata International Film Festival attracts filmmakers from around the world.
- Rabindra Sangeet, a music genre, originated from this city and is widely beloved.
- Kolkata is also famous for its grand celebration of the Durga Puja festival.
So, this is 10 points on Kolkata in an easy-to-understand way.
You can view other “10 lines” posts by clicking here.
If you have a related query, feel free to let us know in the comments below.
Also, kindly share the information with your friends who you think might be interested in reading it.