Kidneys are like your body’s cleaning crew. They filter waste and extra water from your blood to make urine.
These bean-shaped organs also do other important jobs. They help control your blood pressure and make sure you have the right amount of red blood cells.
10 sentences on Kidney for kids (set #1)
- Kidneys are two bean-shaped organs in your body, one on each side of your spine.
- They are about the size of a fist and sit below your rib cage.
- The main job of kidneys is to clean your blood by removing waste and extra water.
- This waste becomes urine, which we pass out of our bodies when we go to the bathroom.
- Kidneys also help to control blood pressure by balancing salts and minerals.
- They make a hormone called erythropoietin, which tells your body to make red blood cells.
- Kidneys also make an active form of vitamin D that keeps our bones healthy.
- If kidneys don’t work properly, harmful wastes can build up in your body.
- Drinking lots of water helps your kidneys do their job.
- Healthy foods and regular exercise are good for your kidneys too.
- Doctors can check how well your kidneys are working through a simple blood test.
- It’s important to take care of your kidneys because you can’t live without them!
10 lines on Kidney (set #2)
- Kidneys are bean-shaped organs, each about the size of a fist.
- There are two kidneys in a human body, located on either side of the spine.
- The main job of the kidneys is to filter waste products from your blood.
- They also help regulate blood pressure by controlling the amount of salt and water in your body.
- Each kidney contains around a million tiny filters called nephrons.
- Every day, your kidneys filter about 120 to 150 quarts of blood.
- If kidneys stop working, harmful wastes can build up in your body.
- Drinking plenty of water can help your kidneys function properly.
- High blood pressure and diabetes are two main causes of kidney disease.
- Kidney stones are hard deposits made of minerals and salts that form inside your kidneys.
- Dialysis is a treatment that does some of the things done by healthy kidneys.
- A kidney transplant is a surgical procedure to place a healthy kidney into a person who has kidney disease.
So, this is 10 points on Kidney in an easy-to-understand way.
You can view other “10 lines” posts by clicking here.
If you have a related query, feel free to let us know in the comments below.
Also, kindly share the information with your friends who you think might be interested in reading it.