India is one of the oldest countries in the world, and it has been a part of human history for almost as long as we have. The country is home to over 1.30 billion people and is divided into 29 states and 7 union territories.
10 sentences on India
- India has a population of 1.3 billion people.
- India is the seventh largest country in the world, with a total area of 3,287,263 sq km (1.26 million sq mi).
- In 1947, India gained independence from Great Britain after more than 200 years of colonization by the British Empire.
- India is a country in Asia continent.
- India’s capital is New Delhi.
- India’s economy is expected to become third largest by 2050 (next only to China and USA).
- The currency of India is the rupee (INR).
- There are many different religions practiced throughout India.
- India is the world’s largest democracy.
- The national flag of India is called the Tiranga because it’s made up of three colours: saffron (orange), white and green.
- India is a country known for its food, particularly Indian food!
- India is a land of diverse cultures and traditions.
So, this is 10 points on India in an easy-to-understand way.
You can view other “10 lines” posts by clicking here.
If you have a related query, feel free to let us know in the comments below.
Also, kindly share the information with your friends who you think might be interested in reading it.