Hens are fascinating creatures, aren’t they? They provide us with eggs, and some even become our pets. Let’s explore more about these feathered friends. From their behavior to their life cycle, hens have many interesting aspects worth knowing.
10 sentences on Hen for kids (set #1)
- A hen is a female chicken that lays eggs.
- Hens can be many different colors, like white, brown, or black.
- Some hens have fancy feathers on their heads called a crest.
- A hen’s “cluck” sound is her way of talking.
- Hens like to eat grains, fruits, and vegetables.
- It takes about 24 hours for a hen to lay an egg.
- Most hens start laying eggs when they are about five months old.
- A group of hens living together is called a flock.
- Hens use their beaks to peck at the ground for food.
- At night, hens sleep in a safe place called a coop.
- Hens can’t fly very high or far but they can run fast.
- People keep hens on farms for their tasty eggs and soft feathers.
10 lines on Hen (set #2)
- A hen is a female bird, usually referring to a domestic chicken.
- They are often kept on farms for their eggs, which people eat.
- Some hens can lay over 300 eggs a year, making them very productive.
- Hens are social animals and prefer to live in groups called flocks.
- They can come in many colors, like white, brown, black, and even speckled.
- Hens eat a diet of grains, seeds, and small insects.
- At night, hens sleep in a coop to stay safe from predators.
- They communicate with each other using a variety of sounds and signals.
- A baby hen is called a chick, and it takes 21 days for a chick to hatch from an egg.
- Hens can live for 5 to 10 years, depending on their breed and care.
- They take dust baths to keep their feathers clean and free from parasites.
- Hens can remember and recognize over 100 different faces, both of other hens and humans.
So, this is 10 points on Hen in an easy-to-understand way.
You can view other “10 lines” posts by clicking here.
If you have a related query, feel free to let us know in the comments below.
Also, kindly share the information with your friends who you think might be interested in reading it.