Write 10 Lines on Dussehra
“Dussehra” is a Hindu festival that is celebrated for 10 days and is one of the most popular festivals in India.
10 sentences on Dussehra for kids (set #1)
- Dussehra is a popular Hindu festival celebrated in India.
- It marks the victory of good over evil, and is also known as Vijayadashami.
- The festival takes place on the tenth day of the Hindu month of Ashvin.
- It commemorates the defeat of the demon king Ravana by Lord Rama.
- People burn effigies of Ravana, his brother Kumbhakarna, and son Meghnad during Dussehra.
- Ramlila, a dramatic re-enactment of the Ramayana, is performed in many places during this time.
- People celebrate Dussehra by wearing new clothes, exchanging sweets, and visiting friends and relatives.
- In some regions, the festival also marks the end of the nine-day Navratri celebration.
- On this day, many people worship their vehicles, tools, and instruments as a gesture of gratitude.
- Dussehra teaches us the importance of good over evil, and encourages us to always choose the right path.
Also read the Essay on Dussehra
10 lines on Dussehra (set #2)
- Dasara is the most popular Hindu festival which is celebrated for 10 days
- Dussehra signifies the victory of Lord Ram over the demon Ravana in the Indian epic of Ramayana
- It is one of the festivals that celebrate the victory of good over evil in Hindu religion
- Dussehra also is known as Navratri celebration is celebrated across Indian households to spread happiness, joy and triumph
- The term Dussehra in Sanskrit means getting rid of 10 Evils
- Ram-Leela is an act of Ramayana that is usually performed on the day of Vijayadashami
- Fireworks take place to burn the ten-headed Ravana and it is the big spectacle on the day of Vijayadashami
- The festival is also a time for people to reflect on the values of truth, justice, and righteousness.
- During the festival, people perform puja (prayer) and seek blessings from the gods.
- Many people also fast during the nine days of Navratri leading up to Dussehra.
- The fasting is a way to purify the body and mind and to seek blessings from the gods.
- Overall, Dussehra is a time of celebration, reflection, and renewal, and is enjoyed by people of all ages.
So, this is 10 points on Dussehra in an easy-to-understand way.
You can view other “10 lines” posts by clicking here.
If you have a related query, feel free to let us know in the comments below.
Also, kindly share the information with your friends who you think might be interested in reading it.