Write 10 Lines on Dr. Servepalli Radhakrishnan
Dr. Servepalli Radhakrishnan (1903-1975) was a politician and President of India from 1962 to 1967. He also served as a member in the Rajya Sabha for six years. He was a renowned orator, writer and reformer.
10 sentences on Dr. Servepalli Radhakrishnan
- Dr. Radhakrishnan is a great philosopher and writer, who is best known for his works on the history of philosophy.
- Dr. Servepalli Radhakrishnan was born in Tiruttani, a small village in the state of Nellore in South India on September 5, 1888.
- Dr. Servepalli Radhakrishnan was the second President of Independent India(1962-1967).
- Dr. Radhakrishnan was the first Vice President of India(1952 – 1962).
- He was appointed as the first Vice-Chancellor of the Banaras Hindu University.
- His birth anniversary is celebrated as Teacher’s day every year on the 5th of September.
- His major works include The Hindu View of Life, The Bhagavadgita, Eastern Religions and Western Thought, and Speeches and Writings.
- Radhakrishnan was known as “The Sage of East” and “The Teacher of Teachers”.
- He was awarded Nobel Prize for literature in 1957.
- He was awarded Bharat Ratna in 1954 by the Indian Government.
- Dr. Servepalli Radhakrishnan died at his home in Delhi, India on April 17, 1975.
- He attained distinction in philosophy in 1908.
So, this is 10 points on Dr. Servepalli Radhakrishnan in an easy-to-understand way.
You can view other “10 lines” posts by clicking here.
If you have a related query, feel free to let us know in the comments below.
Also, kindly share the information with your friends who you think might be interested in reading it.