Cricket is a bat-and-ball sport played between two teams of eleven players each on a field at the center of which is a rectangular pitch. The goal of the game is to score more runs than your opponent by hitting the ball with your bat and running between two sets of three vertical posts called wickets.
10 sentences on Cricket
- Cricket is a sport that involves hitting a ball with a bat.
- The game is played between two teams of eleven players each. The aim is to score as many runs as possible.
- Cricket is a very popular sport in India.
- It is a batsman’s job to score runs by hitting the ball with his bat.
- Cricket was invented in England where it has been played for centuries.
- Cricket is a game played between two teams of eleven players, in which one team bats and the other bowls and then vice versa.
- A run is scored when the batsman hits the ball past a fielder and reaches the opposite end of the pitch.
- The two umpires stand at either end of the pitch. They decide whether or not runs have been scored and signal scores to other officials.
- A wicket consists of three wooden stumps placed upright, joined by two wooden crosspieces called bails.
- The stumps are three vertical posts with two bails on top of them; they are used to score runs and to defend the wicket.
- Cricket was first played in India during the British rule in India, when British soldiers introduced the game to locals.
- The object of the game is to score more runs than your opponent by hitting the ball with your bat and running between two sets of wickets.
So, this is 10 points on Cricket in an easy-to-understand way.
You can view other “10 lines” posts by clicking here.
If you have a related query, feel free to let us know in the comments below.
Also, kindly share the information with your friends who you think might be interested in reading it.