Cranes are fascinating creatures. You might know them as tall, long-legged birds famous for their elaborate courtship dances. But there’s more to these graceful beings than meets the eye.
On the other hand, cranes are powerful machines too. They help lift and move heavy objects in construction sites and ports. Both share the same name but are vastly different.
10 sentences on Crane for kids (set #1)
- A crane is a tall bird with long legs and a long neck.
- Some cranes can live up to 60 years in the wild.
- Cranes are known for their beautiful dances during mating season.
- There are about 15 different types of cranes in the world.
- Most cranes like to live near water and eat small creatures like fish and frogs.
- Crane chicks are called colts and they can walk just a few hours after being born.
- Some cranes can fly as high as 26,000 feet in the sky.
- Cranes are often symbols of luck, longevity, and fidelity in many cultures.
- Red-crowned cranes are considered sacred in Japan.
- Not all cranes can fly, like the flightless Balearica pavonina, or Black Crowned-Crane.
- Cranes use their sharp beaks to dig in the mud for food.
- Many cranes migrate long distances, with the Siberian crane traveling up to 10,000 miles.
10 lines on Crane (set #2)
- A crane is a large and tall machine used to move heavy objects by suspending them from a beam.
- They are commonly used in the construction of buildings, bridges, and other large structures.
- Most cranes are equipped with a hoist rope, wire ropes or chains, and sheaves.
- Cranes can be either fixed to the ground or mounted on a vehicle for mobility.
- There are different types of cranes like tower cranes, mobile cranes, telescopic cranes, and truck-mounted cranes.
- The person who operates a crane is known as a crane operator.
- Operating a crane requires special training and a license in many countries.
- One of the largest types of crane is the tower crane, used in the construction of skyscrapers.
- Cranes can also be used in harbors to load and unload cargo from ships.
- Some cranes are designed to operate in challenging environments like offshore oil platforms.
- Safety is a critical aspect in crane operations to prevent accidents and damage.
- Modern cranes use computer technology for precise control and movement.
So, this is 10 points on Crane in an easy-to-understand way.
You can view other “10 lines” posts by clicking here.
If you have a related query, feel free to let us know in the comments below.
Also, kindly share the information with your friends who you think might be interested in reading it.